Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rainy Day

Did I say rainy? There is a tornado watch here in Connecticut and the store is empty, so...I am going through the Retailer's Convention Guide (first week of June) and deciding which vendors to check out for the shop. This year there are 2076 vendors, big small, old, new...so many to select from. If there are any vendors that you are familiar with and would like to see in the shop, please let me know. I am always on the lookout for new offerings and you are my best resource!

One that I know I will be checking out is Moving Mud, from Stowe, VT. Seems ironic that I am travelling to Columbus, Ohio to speak with them. Their glass buttons and shawl pins are so unique!

By the way, more Addi Lace needles arrived today in sizes 32 and 40 inches. Size 24 inch needles are still on order; hopefully they will ship soon. I think you will like them for knitting socks if you are making 2 on 2 circular needles.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I would suggest a few spindles and a bit of spinning fibers.. plain or pretty - either way it'd be nice to be able to pick up a little fix so locally. Not a specific vendor but....

I'll have to let my husband know about those lace addis being in.

Beverly said...

Mama-E (http://www.mamaespot.com) makes beautiful rovings--I agree, I'd love to be able to buy roving locally, too!

I really love the addi lace needles--they were so wonderful as I knit my shawl!

About Me

Windsor, CT
Twelve local shop owners who want to get to know you and have some fun.