While I've been busy knitting the Berroco Jasper coat (blocking as we speak), I've kept busy with a couple of Julie's Nutmeg Mitts trimmed in luscious angora for that special touch and.....my second Coriolis sock.
(I'm having the darndest time getting "spacing" to work. Can someone give me a hint on how to do this in my blog?)
I used a new sock yarn, Maxime Print, from Tahki Stacey Charles which has flecks of pink scattered throughout. Since I adore bead knitting, I added rose beads to the Coriolis swirl. No, I won't wear these with shoes, they are strictly "feet feeling yummy" socks. For the first sock I used a traditional toe up cast on (figure 8). For the 2nd sock I used Cat's moccasin cast on just to challenge myself into learning something new. The second sock goes so much more quickly once you've got the hang of the design. Oh, and I did an attached Icord bind off at the top to be consistent with the swirl.
If I were to do another Coriolis pair, I think I would lean towards a more solid color; I think a variegated yarn would hide the Coriolis too much and after all, that's the beauty of this sock!
Next up! Spindle spinning.... I took the plunge and enrolled in one of our own classes. After the first session I got, well, um, very frustrated and picked it up two days later. I am proud to say that I am no longer spinning super bulky thick and thin. In face, I have a nice little lace weight strand going at the moment. So, keep tuned; I'll show you some of my progress next time.